We want to make sure housing is a headline issue on the TUC’s demonstration on 18 June. The protest “We demand better” is focused on demands around workers wages, rights and benefits. The TUC’s demands are:
- A real pay rise for every worker – and a real living wage for all
- Respect and security for all workers – ban zero hours contracts, ban fire and rehire, decent sick pay now
- End racism at work
- Tax energy profits to pay our bills
- Raise universal credit
- Boost union bargaining rights now
People in private rented accommodation will be especially hard hit by the rising cost of living, but people living in council housing and leaseholders are also finding it difficult to make ends meet. As the government continues to make working class people pay for the economic crisis, we demand housing justice!
We are grateful for the support of UNITE Community, SHAC, Streets Kitchen, National Pensioners Convention, Defend Council Housing, Grenfell Community Campaigners, Campaign Against Empty Homes, Disabled People Against Cuts and others. We look forward to meeting up with everyone in these campaigns to form a housing bloc on the TUC demonstration. We will be helping the Campaign Against Empty Homes to distribute leaflets on the demo too.
Join us at 11am on 18 June at Portland Place to demand
- Secure & Safe Housing for All
- Rent & Service Charge Controls
- Requisition Empty Homes
- Justice for Grenfell
See TUC Demo details : https://www.tuc.org.uk/DemandBetter