Our next meeting will be held on 15th February, 11am – 1pm at:
Unite, Moreland St, London EC1V 8BB.
Let us know what’s happening locally, and if there are things you want to discuss.
Our first organising meeting of 2020 on 18th January had a fantastic turnout, with people from Harlow, Southampton, Aldershot and Horsham, and at least 13 London boroughs, representing council, housing association and private tenants, councillors and trade unionists. There was determination to build the campaign in the year ahead, and a good, open discussion about how to do this.
We agreed to:
1. Update the Charter for Housing Action for 2020
2. Send the Charter to Mayoral and council candidates, and to Labour leadership/deputy leadership contenders, asking for their endorsement. Also invite other groups to support and add their names.
3. Update “Vote Housing” flyer in time for May elections.
4. Need to form more contacts/links for national campaign against Universal Credit.
5. Support Justice for Grenfell in building and organising event in April in Kensington, raising critical issues around the inquiry, fire safety etc.
6. Attempt to open up discussion with Extinction Rebellion
7. Need to be vigilant about forthcoming demolition ballots, and share information asap.
8. Improve our social media operation.
9. Consider a possible housing hustings prior to May elections.
10. Use the Charter and other material for local actions, stalls etc.
Hope to see you on the 15th.