The election is on and we need to make sure all parties are put on the spot to demand housing action. Can you help by:
1. Contacting local candidates to sign our Charter for Housing Action: http://www.axethehousingact.org.uk/charter-for-housing-action/
2. Organise a local housing hustings, to put candidates and their parties on the spot. Link up with local tenant groups, housing and other campaigns to help. Email us for leaflets, and any other help.
3. Contact key people deciding on Labour’s 2019 Manifesto. This needs to include action to:
- Build 100,000 council homes a year for social rent;
- Ring-fence an annual £10 billion housing grant to deliver these;
- Rent controls and more rights for private renters (as supported unanimously at this year’s Labour conference).
- Ask your candidate and Labour party leadership to ensure this action is included in Labour’s 2019 manifesto.
We have postponed our next meeting until after the election.
If you want leaflets, stickers or other help for local campaigning, get in touch. We will email again with updates on our short films to share on social media, on why we need action on housing. And with details of election events on housing.